I’m pausing to write this post between a few spring cleaning projects I’m working on this weekend. Ok, ok…spring cleaning really doesn’t cover it. I have lists of projects…that have sub-projects…and accompanying dollar store shopping lists. I’m ready to reorganize and redecorate this home – top to bottom. Mr. Haas is worried.
Right now, paint is drying on the new kitchen gallery wall that doubles as a command center for menu planning and mail organizing. My kitchen table is overrun with about 10 yards of home decor fabric ready to be sewn into a new bedskirt for our bedroom and freshly framed wedding pictures wait patiently on the floor while tape maps out their new home on our living room wall. Those are just today’s projects. Tomorrow has it’s own list. Ok, maybe I’m a little worried too…
March is coming to an end, and with it all of the delicious treats Mr. Haas picked for his birthday. We’ve seen a decadent fudge, tasty mint bark with an Oreo crunch, cupcakes that were basically St. Patrick’s Day in a wrapper and an ice cream cake made for Milky Way lovers everywhere.
For the best possible ending, he picked this ultra simple but utterly amazing puppy chow – with an Irish Cream spin, of course! It wouldn’t be March without a little more Baileys, right?
Irish Cream Puppy Chow
- 7oz Bag Green Candy Melts
- 2 Tablespoons Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 Cup (Scant) Dark Chocolate Chips
- 5 Cups Rice Chex Cereal (divided)
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar (divided)
- Divide cereal evenly into two large bowls.
- Combine candy melts and irish cream in a small bowl and microwave in 15 second intervals until you can whisk smooth. BE SURE to add the liqueur PRIOR to melting the candy melts or they will seize. They must be microwaved together.
- Drizzle melted candy over one bowl of cereal and gently mix. Toss with 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Melt dark chocolate chips until smooth and combine with remaining bowl of cereal.
- Mix in remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Let bowls cool completely then stir together.
Adapted from here